Advantages of Promotional Products over other mediums
One of the distinct advantages of Promotional Products over other advertising mediums is the fact that the product is tangible. The following research shows the reach of the product
- 71% of business travelers randomly surveyed at DFW Airport reported receiving a promotional product in the last 12 months
- 33.7% of this group used the item straight away - a coveted location for advertising
The following research identifies the recall of the company brand and product:
- 76.1% of participants could recall the name of the advertiser on the promotional product that they received in the past 12 months
- In comparison only 53.5% of participants could recall the name of an advertiser they had seen in a magazine or newspaper in the previous week.
The receivers of promotional products had the following impression of the advertiser:
- 52% of participants in the study did business with the advertiser after receiving the promotional product.
- Of those who had not done business with the advertiser that gave them the product, almost half stated that they were more likely to do business with the company that gave them the item
- 52.1% of participants reported having a more favorable impression of the advertiser since receiving the item.
The major advantage of a well thought out promotional merchandise program is the ability for the end user to be able to use the product. Research indicates that:
- 73% of those who used the promotional product that they had received stated that they used it at least once a week
- 45.2% used it at least once a day
- 55% of participants generally kept their promotional products for more than a year.
- 22% of participants kept the promotional product that they had received for at least six months.
- 75.4% of those who received a promotional product stated that they thought the item was useful
- 20.2% kept the promotional product because they thought it was attractive
- Participants of the study were asked what they do with promotional products that they do not keep. 26% of participants reported that they give the item to someone else.
- The use of promotional products in conjunction with a sales letter can make a significant difference in direct mail response rates.
- The use of promotional products can also improve a business' effectiveness in converting leads to sales appointments.
- The inclusion of a Promotional Product to a mail promotion increased the response rate by 50%
- The use of Promotional Products as an incentive to respond generated four times as many responses as a sales letter alone
- The use of a Promotional Product as an incentive to respond reduced the cost per response by two- thirds.
Courtesy of PPAI
« Back to Articles