Promotional Products Industry Statistics
Promotional Merchandise by Type
Top 10 Buyers of Promotional Merchandise
- Not for Profit
- Trade, Professional Associations etc.
- Real Estate
- Professional: Doctors, Lawyers, CPAs etc
Sales of Promotional Products by Category
Advantages of Promotional Products
- Tangible and long-lasting
- Impact easily measured
- Higher perceived value
- Complements targeted marketing
- Complements other advertising media
The following research proved that promotional merchandise was more effective than traditional advertising for the following reasons:
- "The group receiving the promotional product was significantly more likely to recommend the business to others than the group that received nothing"
- "The group receiving the promotional product had a more positive image as evidenced in their comments about the company than the non-recipient control group. The difference was statistically significant."
- Accompanying a request for referrals, an offer of a promotional product incentive or an offer of a promotional product incentive and eligibility in a sweepstakes drew as many as 500 percent more referrals than an appeal letter alone.
- Offers of promotional product incentives are likely to be substantially more effective than enclosing free promotional products with an appeal letter.
- 71.6% of attendees who received a promotional product remembered the name of the company that gave them the product
- 76.3% of attendees had a favorable attitude toward the company that gave them the product
Research courtesy of PPAI
« Back to Articles